- You will be working side-by-side with engineers who have years of experience in software engineering and be empowered to drive and develop projects under their guidance.
- Backend track
- Develop and maintain the core system for insurance operations. You utilize and design data models, and craft according to business needs, scheduled tasks, new API endpoints, or 3rd party integrations.
- Develop and enhance data dashboards for management and other business units.
- Frontend track
- Craft new features for our internal admin portal to cater to various customer requests and day to day insurance operations
- Optimize Bowtie Digital Insurance Platform (app.bowtie.com.hk) for better user experience
- Full-stack track
- A mix of the above two tracks.
- In fact, most of our interns choose the full stack track!
- Other ad-hoc tasks may include:
- Automate operations, basically anything that can scale, for the company. For example, we automated our HR onboarding emails, technical support rosters and even some business workflows
- Develop cloud automation for improving productivity and security
- University students who have at least completed pre-final year (i.e., year 3) of study and students who are currently enrolled in a master or Ph.D. program
- Have less than 1 year of full time working experience in a technical related position (please feel free to apply to our full-time positions if you have experience)
- Know how to use Google effectively to find the solution
- Currently live in AND eligible to work in Hong Kong since we cannot sponsor VISA for the position at the moment (this is not a 100% remote position)
- Major in engineering or computer science disciplines (if you are not in a CS program but have been coding by yourself, feel free to apply too)
- A good portfolio (school projects are perfectly fine) to showcase your interest in software development
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced working environment
- Ability to communicate and present your idea clearly to both engineer and non-engineer
- Good problem-solving skill
What do we offer?
- A competitive package that is commensurate with your experience
- Flexible working arrangement (a hybrid of work from home and in-person)
- Technical sharing session with our senior software engineers
- Fun, cooperative, flexible, and autonomous start-up culture
- Weekly sharing sessions and regular happy-hour gatherings
- Employee discounts for both our cafe - Bow Coffee - and clinic - Bowtie & JP Health
- Django & Django REST
- ReactJS on TypeScript
- CircleCI for CI/CD
- Amazon Web Services
About the Job
As a software engineer intern in Bowtie, you will be working alongside with our engineers to build intuitive, reliable, and sleek software that makes insurance operations a bliss. We would like to make sure that you can work on areas that you are interested in during your internship. Therefore, our internship program offers three different tracks for you to choose from, frontend, backend, and full-stack.
Your projects can range from developing claims systems, improving our underwriting engine, to any other tools that make our teams' life easier and more efficient. In case you are wondering how we are doing so far, here is coverage on our first-of-its-kind online underwriting engine.
You may find more about our application and interview process on our Q & A page
We are the first licensed virtual insurer (虛擬保險公司) in Hong Kong.
We believe that insurance is fundamentally good, and we are here to bring the good back through our passionate, innovative, and customer-obsessed team. We are also proud to bring deep domain expertise and our own proprietary modern technology into Hong Kong. As we grow, we're looking for highly dynamic, hands-on, and passionate talent to join our team.
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.
The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process.